Pages

I Think I Can...I Think I Can...

Friday, January 20, 2012

So you always know that when I have been MIA for a few days that I am working on a big project.  Well, it is no exception this week!  I am exhausted and completely understand why this is called the Impossibilities Challenge!


I knew my horrible black table would take some work, but I am really starting to wonder what I have gotten myself into...


I have one chair complete and 5 in progress, taking up our entire garage. I love the results so far, but I am really praying it all turns out how I have envisioned because I really don't want to have to start this project over again!  I can handle painting, but I am not a fan of stripping - I'm talking about paint people, however I would probably go pole dance instead of stripping paint at this point ok not really...
P.S. If you want a funny stripping story you have to read this story at 551 East Furniture Design it is down right funny!



I am really stressing because my dear husband is not a fan of the chairs :-(
Then when I mentioned my plans for the table our conversation went something like this...

Me: "Really, you don't like the chairs!?  Just wait until you see the table, I think you will love it!" 

Brian: "What color are you painting the table?"

Me: "mentions secret color ;-)"

Brian:  "REALLY?????  HMMMM...."

Me: "I promise it will look great once the kitchen cabinets are painted!"

Brian: "Ok" and there wasn't even an eye roll here! 

I gotta love him!  He listens to me whine and complain about how much I have to do, while knowing I create my own chaos. 

So now my goal is to prove to that this table is going to look fabulous!  I am really going out of my comfort zone on this one and I am not sure if it is going to pay off.

My goal today is to completely finish the chairs and hopefully get started on the darn table.  I will show you the reveal soon! If you don't see a reveal on this post in the next week, you can just assume that it went horribly wrong and my husband was right.  We will just pretend it never happened and my family may be sitting on the floor to eat for the next 6 months.

3 comments:

Abby Devine said...

Good-luck... I'm surfe it will all turn out great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Laura @ Our Prairie Home said...

Keep at it! It'll be awesome!

Unknown said...

I am loving your chair! Can't wait to see how the table turns out! Good luck to you!

Post a Comment

It makes my day to read your sweet comments!