Pages

Blogging struggles

Friday, September 2, 2011

As you all know I am a baby blogger with not even 45 days under my belt...This has been one big journey so far and I have learned so much! 

I must say I had this naive vision about blogs before I started my own.  I had a few blogs that I followed...The Nesting Place, Thrifty Decor Chick, and Liz Marie . I foolishly thought that I was entering fresh ground, having no idea that there are thousands of blogs on DIY ideas alone!  I am actually quite thrilled that I was so naive in this process, because I most certainly would have been too scared and discouraged to start my own blog. 

I had absolutely no clue what I was doing, the only thing I knew is that I was so inspired by these other women and was having so much fun creating my own DIY projects that I wanted to share my adventures in creating and trying new projects. 

I must say I am completely shocked at how much time it actually takes to create and maintain a blog, the pros make it look so easy ;-).  I am not in the least bit techie, so it definitely takes me time to research and implement new features on my blog.  Due to my silly pride in starting out, I wanted my blog to look amazing and I wanted to be the one to say that I created it all by myself...it is funny how the devil gets in my head like that sometimes and makes me deviate away from the things that really matter. 

I had an awakening moment when I realized that just like my insanity about doing laundry naked, I should be focusing my time and energy on the important things.  It is much more important for me to do fun projects and write a good post, than spend the time on html code.  Therefore, I have hired Kendra at Key Lime Designs to do a blog makeover for me.  I am so thrilled!!  I can't wait to show off my new design in a few weeks!

My biggest struggle with entering the blogging world has been trying to figure out how to allocate my time between my full time job, my husband's business, and my family.  Hiring Kendra was my first step, now the next step is going to be making a schedule so that I can ensure that my blogging doesn't take too much time away from my family or my other jobs ;-) 

I just found a fabulous series from Tara at Taradara,What I Wish I Knew When I Started Blogging!  She has feedback from some of the top bloggers and I must say I am so thrilled I found this series before I was too far into my blogging.

Hope everyone enjoys their Holiday weekend!  We are going to the lake this weekend.  I can't wait to show you my new dresser project when I return :-)

2 comments:

Cathy @My 1929 Charmer said...

Brooke,

I can so relate to what you are saying. Even though my blogs shows 6 months I really don't feel it is. I ran in to snags with my 1st designer. I was given a 2 1/2 week deadline for my blog, after 11 weeks we parted ways. Now I know you will be lucky enough to not have this happen to you. I feel like I really started blogging in end of May.

But like you I never realized how much TIME it takes.

I believe us newbies need to stick together, I will "like" you on Facebook. I hope you will decide to follow me also. We can grown together. If ever you want to ask a question, or just share, I am here for you! Good Luck!

Brooke @ Spruce Your Nest said...

Thanks Cathy! I should have my new blog design complete this week! I will definitely be over at your blog today :-)

Post a Comment

It makes my day to read your sweet comments!